The advancements in the technology have benefitted the gaming world in numerous ways. From the realistic graphics to the various gaming consoles, the gaming world has been changed to a great extent. Moreover, with the incoming numerous gaming devices, the interconnectivity has also come into the trends. It means you can interconnect two devices with each other and can use the hardware or software of one device into the other. One such connection is between the Xbox to the PC. Many of you might be owning the Xboxes, and thinking that how to connect Xbox 360 to PC. So, the answers of all of your questions are given here in this article. Just read on and know step by step as how can you connect your Xbox 360 to PC.
How To Connect Xbox 360 To PC?
If you ever want to connect your Xbox 360 to the Xbox live and you do not own the router, you have the option to connect your console to the Windows PC and you can use its internet connection. There are primarily two ways to achieve this:
• Either you can use the Windows Internet Connection Sharing, or
• You can go for a Network Bridge Connection
Let’s look at both the options one by one.
Windows Internet Connection Sharing
This is the first option with which you can go if you want to connect your Xbox console with the PC. By using the Windows Internet Connection Sharing, you can share the Internet connection between the computer and the Xbox 360. Once you have started the Windows Internet Connection Sharing, both your PC and Xbox 360 will have the access to the internet at the same time.
To achieve the windows internet connection sharing between your PC and Xbox 360, simply follow these steps.
• The very first thing you need is a computer that must have at least two network adapters. In the majority of laptops, you can find two network adapters; one is primarily for the wired connection and other for wireless connection.
• Secondly, you need a USB modem that must have at least one Ethernet connection.
• The most important one is the high-speed internet access without which you cannot accomplish your task.
• The last thing you need is a standard Ethernet cable.
Once you have collected all the required things, then it is the time to set up Windows Internet Connection Sharing.
How To Set Up Windows Internet Connection Sharing?
Now is the time to establish a Windows Internet Connection Sharing. Let’s look step by step to do the same. The following steps are for setting up the windows internet connection sharing in Windows 7 and Windows 8. Although, even for the earlier versions of Windows, the steps are more or less same.
• Press the Start button.
• Inside the ‘Search Programs And Files’ box, write ncpa.cpl and press ENTER.
• If you are using Windows XP, then after clicking on the Start button, go to Run, and type ncpa.cpl in the open box, and click OK.
• Once done, right-click on the network connection which you are planning to share and go to Properties. Choose properly, you should go for the network connection that does the sharing between your computer and modem and not between your computer and the Xbox 360. Hence, be careful while setting up the connection.
• After this, click on the Sharing Tab. If you have Windows XP in your PC, go for Advanced Tab.
• Once done, wait for the change of the status of network connection to Shared.
• Once the status has been changed to Shared, open your web browser, and try connecting to the internet. If, in case, you are not able to connect to the internet, check whether or not you are sharing the primary Internet connection as mentioned in the previous steps.
• Once done, take one end of the Ethernet cable and plug it into your computer’s network port and the other end at the back of your Xbox 360 console.
• Before connecting the Ethernet cable, make sure that the network settings of your Xbox are set to Automatic.
• After this, test the live connection of Xbox by pressing the guide button present on the controller, then go to Settings and select Wired Network, if prompted and select Test Xbox Live Connection.
How To Troubleshoot The Windows Internet Connection Sharing?
If still you are having a problem in establishing the network sharing between your PC and the Xbox 360, you can go for few troubleshooting steps.
• If you have not seen the Sharing Tab in Windows XP, then there are chances that your computer does not have two adapters. Hence, to solve this, you have to install a second network adapter. After that, you will be able to check whether your first network adapter is working or not correctly.
• The second option is to set the IP settings of your console manually. If ever you get ‘Can’t obtain an IP address from your router or modem’ message, then it is clear that your DNS server is not able to resolve the Xbox Live server names.
Setting Up A Network Bridge Connection
The second method to connect your Xbox 360 to PC is via setting up a Network Bridge Connection. If you own a laptop, which has both wireless and wired network adapters, you can easily connect your Xbox 360 to it.
It is one of the quickest and easiest ways to connect Xbox 360 to PC or a laptop. However, there is one limitation. You will not be able to access the internet for the duration your laptop is connected to the Xbox 360. Once it is detached, you can again use your internet for surfing.
So, this was all about connecting Xbox 360 to PC. Now you are well aware of the ways, hence, go ahead and connect your Xbox to PC and get lost into the gaming world.