When an error or problem occurs on the website’s server then it faces the difficulty in recognizing the problem exactly. The error 500 internal server error is a HTTP (general) status code. The error can appear in multiple different forms because each of the sites is allowed for the customization of the message. Here are some of the common forms in which you might see the HTTP error:
How You Can See a 500 Error
- “500 Internal Server Error”
- “Internal Server Error”
- “HTTP 500 – Internal Server Error”
- “Temporary Error (500)”
- “HTTP 500 Internal Error”
- “500. That’s an error”
- “500 Error”
- “HTTP Error 500”
Since, the generation of the error happens within the website that you visit, and that can be seen in any of the browsers with different operating systems. You can observe even on latest smartphones. One can observe them within the internet browser window and that functions similar to any other web pages. Usually, the user will see the 500 error when something goes wrong on the server side. The wrong here implies an issue with the site’s programming or a page related query, but there are chances that the problem might be at your end. When the error occurs on the Microsoft IIS software, then more specific instructions have been given for the resolution of a problem.
How To Fix the 500 Internal Server Error?
As it has been stated in the above lines, when this kind of error occurs then it usually happens due to the server rather than giving predictions on the computer or the internet connection related issues. Here, some of the tips have been provided for the benefit of the user and by utilizing them one can resolve the issues in an easy manner.
1. Firstly, you have to reload the web page. One can do this, just by clicking on the refresh button or the reload button, or just by pressing the F5 button or trying to load the URL from the address bar.
Even if the problem is on the web server, the issue will not be in the permanent state and that can be solved in a less time. If you try to load the page, then you may end up in reaching the success.
Note: During the checkout process especially on the online transactions, you should be aware of not attempting to load the page more times. If you do so, you may end up in paying the multiple charges and orders as well. Most of the users are protected from these kinds of internal errors that can hamper their online shopping.
2. Wipe out the cache memory of the browser. If there is an issue with the cached version on the page which is being viewed, then there is a possibility that it is due to the HTTP 500 error.
Note: The caching issues are not the only cause for the occurrence of the internal error, and when you clear the cache memory the problem is cleared off and you are free any of the bugs.
3. Clear all your browser cookies. By doing so, you can deter the possibility of the appearance of the error and then potentially you become free from the HTTP problems. Once you delete all the cookies, you should restart your browser and then find out if the problem is persisting or solved.
4. One more method is to go for troubleshooting with a 504 Gateway Timeout error. This will not occur frequently, but some of the servers are bound to produce the 500 Internal Server Error even when the appearance of the problem is due to an entire different cause.
5. If you contact the website, then it is better option to handle the problem. It is better that the administrator of the site is aware of the 500 error if you suspect they do not have the knowledge then letting them know would be better for both you and the site admin.
For further details of the sites, one should go for the Website Contact Information for some of the popular sites. Few of them are supporting through the social network accounts and on the other hand you can find the telephone numbers and email address for some.
Tips: If you find that the site is running slow and you are not finding the way to report the problem to the concerned person, then you can do so by using the Twitter outage. It can be done by searching the website using the hashtag for ex: #websitedown or #facebookdown.
6. You should come back later. If you are at this point, then fixing the issue is out of your control but it will be fixed by the right person. If the problem is occurring during the checkout process, then it would disrupt the sales, and this is a major gap where the online store needs to work to fix the issue quickly.
If you are getting the error on the websites like Twitter and YouTube, then also you are asked to bring up the issue to the concerned person so that you can watch whatever you desire without any problem.
How To Fix The 500 Internal Server Error On Your Site?
If the 500 Internal Server Error is occurring on your site, then it requires an entire different action for resolving the problem. As it has been discussed, the 500 error occurs mainly due to the server side errors, and it means that you are required to fix it at your website. There are several reasons why your site is serving an error notice to the visitors, but two among them are commonly observed.
1. Permission Error
Due to the incorrect permission on or more folders or files, the users might be countering the 500 error. Here, the CGI or PHP script has to be blamed, and they are required to set to 0775 (-rwxr-xr-x).
2. PHP Timeout
On connecting to the external resources especially related to the timeout, it is common to come across the 500 error. If you go through the timeout rules and techniques that can handle the error in a best manner, then you should take the help of those methods.
3. Coding Error In The .htaccess
You should check out the proper structure of the .htaccess file. If you are executing the Joomla, Word Press or CMS (Content Management System), then you should find out the right support centers who can handle the 500 internal server errors.