Are you unaware of how to update your android phone? or how to update android phone? then you have to study the article to grasp the important points with respect to software updates. Updating the tablet or the phone is an exciting event, because it brings in the new functionality and features while delivering higher performance. You might be having a slew of questions such as how do i update my android phone? or how to update my android phone? It is simple, and it is told in the next few lines. The device lights up and says about the update available but these messages may get delayed in arrival. If you come to know about the update, then you should not waste your time but make use of it ASAP.
In order to have the best features and performance of your tablet or Android device, you should make sure that your software is updated one and is the latest one. This applies not only in terms of apps but also the Android operating system. Before trying the latest updates for your device, you need to check your phones Andriod version that is being run. You may be on the latest version, but you should follow the guidelines up to the step four. You should go through the section called Andriod Version, and if it is not available click on the Software Information.
It is a good practice to take the backup of the photos and contacts. The upgrade should not affect your data, but there exists no guarantee about this. You need to navigate through the setting menu of your device, and this is mainly done through the notification bar or the app menu. The setting app may have the spanner logo or the cog. You need to get down to the settings menu and then click on the About Tablet or About Phone. If you have the tabbed settings, then this will appear in a general section. There is a variation from one device to another, but you need to click on the Software Update or similar button.
Your tablet or the phone will now search for the update that is available. If you have taken into another menu, then you need to select the software update check button. If you find any of the software updates available on your device, then you will be asked to do so. On selecting yes, the system will download and then install new software while rebooting. Wi-Fi connection is required for the update to happen. Downloading the software through Wi-Fi is recommended because of the large size of the file.
If you have the latest smartphone, there are more chances that your device is running on the Andriod version, and this is the open source mobile operating system developed by the Google. There are many older versions of software or forked versions that are being customized by several cell phone manufacturers. Amazon’s Fire OS and many other versions of Android Open Source Project are some of the operating systems. According to the latest research of ABI, forked versions of the Android are used widely, and this accounts for 20 percent of the smartphone market space. Some of the important points have been listed below that are required for an android user prior updating.
- Ensure that your backup option is checked. The updating of the Andriod is simple and a painless process and there lies a very small chance for it to crash. In order to protect your device, ensure that your device is properly backed up.
- Go to the settings on your device and then find the settings in the app drawer or you can click on the device’s menu in the presence of home screen and then select the settings. The updates of the Andriod are available only through the device itself. Although, there are some exceptions such as the download of the Samsung Kies update to your computer for your Samsung devices. When you make a connection to the computer, then the update happens in an automatic way if there is an update available.
- You need to scroll down the about menu and then tap on the information screen of the device. It is present mainly at the bottom of the settings list, and it may be labeled as About tablet or About phone.
- Click on the system updates option and this may be labeled as the software updates.
- Next, tap on the check now button and then your device will check for the availability of the updates. The accessibility of the updates is dependent on your service provider and device manufacturer. Always, you may not find new updates for all the devices. If you have the updates, then the update starts downloading to the device automatically. For the larger updates, your device needs to be connected to the Wi-Fi network and by this you can avoid the data allotment.
- You should tap on the restart button and then install it. After the completion of downloading, the device restarts to install the update. In this process of updating, your device is kept inoperable for a certain period until your updates get totally installed.
- You should plug in your device into the charger during the installation process to ensure that the battery does not run out when the update is being installed. At times, mobiles may hang up and fail even to switch on, in such circumstances you need to reboot the device. In the process, all the updated data is erased, and your phone gets switched on. In order to reboot the phone, you should long press power key + up or down button.