While working numerous times on the computer, you may experience the problem in getting access to the remote server. You are not the only one who faces such kind of problems. There are many people who have been through the similar situations. However, the main question is what to do when remote access to the server is not enabled? You may not know, but there are some reasons behind not getting the access to the remote server. So, in this article, we will look into the reasons behind this problem and the solutions to the problem. It is not as difficult as you are expecting to get the access back of the remote server. So, let us have a look into the reasons and solutions of the problem.
Why You Cannot Get The Access To The Remote Server?
There are a few reasons because of which you are not able to get the access to the remote server. Let us have a look into the reasons one by one.
If You Cannot Connect To The Remote Computer
This can occur due to various reasons, and you can get many error messages during this process. Depending on the error message, you can troubleshoot the problem. Let us have a look on what error messages you can get and what are solution for each error message.
The Remote Computer Cannot Be Found
If you see this error message, ask your administrator of the remote computer to verify the name of a computer. Before asking the administrator, make sure that you have typed the name correctly. If even asking administrator, you are not able to connect; you can try using the IP address of the remote computer instead of that.
The second error message you can get is of the network failure. If you get this message, always check whether:
• Your router is turned on and working properly
• Ethernet cable is correctly plugged inside the network adapter
• The wireless switch of the computer is turned on
• The network adapter of your laptop is working properly
If still you do not get rid of the problem, try contacting your network administrator or the person who has done the setup of your network.
Not Enough Memory
This is the third type of error that you may get during the interruption. If this is the problem, try closing all the other programs running at that time and try to connect to the network again. If still you are facing the problem, restart your computer and try to connect to the network again. There are high chances that you will get the access. However, if not, then contact the administrator or the technical support that can help you in providing the solution of the problem.
If you want to connect the home computer to the corporate domain, it will require an intermediate step to make sure that the computers can communicate effectively with each other.
To establish this, you may need to establish a virtual private network, also known as VPN connection, with the corporate network. The other way to achieve this is to use an RD Gateway, also known as Remote Desktop Gateway server. There are fair chances that after doing this, you can achieve the connection between your home computer and corporate domain. However, if you fail to achieve this, try contacting your administrator or the technical support.
There is also an option to connect the two home computers across the internet. However, you may have to sound technically to achieve this. Some of the topics that you must know for this include port mappings, IP addresses, and router configuration.
If You Cannot Log On To The Remote Computer
The second problem you may face is that you may be unable to log on to the remote computer at all. If this is the case with you, try opening the logon screen. Once open try logging in, if you are not able to log in, add yourself to a group that says Remote Desktop Users Group or some other group, which can give you the administrative rights on the computer. If you are not able to do so, try contacting your administrator.
If, in case, you are not able to see any local users and groups, try following these steps:
• Double click on the groups folder
• Right click on the group you want to add on yourself as the user account to and click on Add To Group.
• Click on the Add button, and then type the name of your user account.
• Click on the Check Names, and then click on OK.
If Your Saved Credentials Are Not Working
This can occur with you if your computer is the part of a domain. In such cases, it does not allow you to save the credentials whenever you connect to the remote computer; however, there is a way to change this. To achieve this, try following these steps.
1. The first you need to make sure that you are logged in as the administrator so that you can perform these steps.
2. Once confirmed, click on the start button, type gpedit.msc, and press Enter. There are chances that it will prompt you for the administrator password or the confirmation. Type the correct password inside the box for the confirmation.
3. Under Computer Configuration, double-click on the Administrative Templates, and then double-click on the System and then double click on the Credentials Delegation.
4. You will see a pane on the right side, double-click on the Allow Delegating Saved Credentials with NTLM-only Server Authentication.
5. In the dialog box that will appear in front of you, click on Enabled and then click on Show.
6. Once the Show Contents dialog box is open in front of you, type the name of the remote computer in the same format as shown here: TERMSRV\computername, and then click on OK.
So, these were the ways through which you can get the access to the remote server again. Carefully follow each and every step so that you do not face any problem and do not get confused.