Internet is the one thing that has allowed us to broaden our vision. It has completely revolutionized the entire computer and communication industry like no one has ever done before. The internet has the capability of broadcasting anything worldwide at once and a mechanism so that the information can be disseminated. It is also a medium so that the collaboration and interaction among the individuals and the computers can be done regardless of their geographical location. You can say that The internet is an example that has got the most success in benefiting the sustained commitment and investment in the research and development of information infrastructure. However, despite of these developments, there are times when you will be wondering that why is my internet not working? You do not have to worry at all, there are few troubleshooting steps that you need to follow whenever you see that your internet is not working. All of these troubleshooting steps have been explained in the article. So, just sit back, relax, and acquaint yourself about the various procedures through which you can make your internet connection work again.
Why Is My Internet Not Working?
Internet- An Overview
Before looking into the troubleshooting steps, let’s have a look into the brief history of the evolution of the internet. You will be amazed to know that J.C.R. Licklider of MIT wrote the first recorded description through which the social interactions were done in the year 1962. These recorded descriptions were sent through the network to other locations and were in the form of series of memos. This was the birthplace for the concept known as the “Galactic Network”. He achieved this by setting up a globally interconnected setup of computers, which enabled the users to access all kinds of programs and data from various sites.
Development Of Internetting Concepts
After few years came into the picture the ARPANET. It eventually developed and became the today’s Internet. In general, Internet is established on an idea on which numerous networks that are independent and not of any random design will include the packet satellite networks, that are ground-based packet radio networks and many another kind of networks. If we look into the open architecture network, it enables us to develop and design separately the individual networks and each of the network may have their unique interface. This interface can be offered to the users or another kind of providers.
The internet what we use today can be called as the collection of numerous technologies and communities, success of which largely depends on the satisfaction of basic needs of community and the utilization of community in the most effective ways so that the infrastructure can be pushed forward.
What To Do When Your Internet Is Not Working?
Now is the time to look into various troubleshooting steps, which you can perform if ever you get the problem in your internet connection. However, these are the best solutions for getting back to work your internet connection, but it is the tough task because there can be numerous reasons because of which your internet connection may not work. Therefore, before going for any other troubleshooting steps, give a try to these steps.
• Open your ‘Network Diagnostics’ option by right-clicking on the network icon that is present in the notification area, after that click on the Diagnose and Repair.
• Now, check whether all the wires are connected or not, for example, the wire of modem is attached to a phone jack or the cable connection. This can be either direct connection or via a router back in.
• Once checked with everything, try resetting your modem and the router. You can do this by removing the power cord from the back of the modem or the router. Once removed, wait for at least 10 seconds and plug back in the chord into the modem or router.
• If still you do not get the internet connection, check your router once. If you are using the new operating system and your router is of old model, then sometimes it may not be compatible.
If done with the above process and still you do not get the internet connection, and then go for the below-mentioned steps.
If You Are Not Able To Connect Via DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) or Cable Connection
If this is the case with you, then follow the following steps:
• First, check that your modem is switched on, and the Ethernet cable is plugged in perfectly into the Ethernet port of the modem and in your computer.
• Secondly, check whether the phone line is plugged in correctly in the modem and to the phone jack. If not, then plug them properly to make sure that these are not causing disruption in the internet connection.
• Also, make sure that you are not at all using a DSL filter in between your modem and in the phone jack.
• Now check the lights of your modem. There are times when these lights are good indicator that can inform the location of the problem. It can be any of the tree- power to the modem, the Ethernet connection or the DSL or cable connection.
• If not, then check whether Winsock corruption is not causing connectivity problem. To check this, open your Network diagnostics as told previously and click on diagnose and repair.
So, these were some ways through which you can solve your internet connection problem. Therefore, if you ever get internet connection problem, follow the above-mentioned procedures and try to resolve the issue. Some or other way you will be able to get back your internet connection.